11 April 2017

A little bit about singing

As I mentioned earlier, I sang last week for Palm Sunday.  It didn't go too badly, although the Vexilla Regis could have gone better.  On the upside, I won't be singing for Easter Sunday.

A few years back the organist asked me to sing for Easter.  I was flabbergasted.  I split Sundays with some Cantrices, a few of whom are better than me. For such a holy day, we should go with our strengths.  Unless.... the organist thought I was the better choice?

"Are you sure?" I asked.  "I mean, this is such an important day...."

"Yeah, I'm sure," he said. "Everyone else is busy."

So, there will be no burst bubble for me this year.  I opted out of singing this Easter because my  daughter will be returning from her school trip for the hundredth anniversary of Vimy late Saturday/early Sunday.  I would most likely be too exhausted to sing.  However, the soprano is quite good, better than I am, so there's that.  The only downside?  Without me singing, the chance of the proper sequence being sung is zero.  And that's a shame.

No comments: