21 July 2017

Brief History is now on Amazon. Let your joy be unrestrained.

I have finally published the first part, dealing with the years from 1828 to the death and funeral of Bishop Michael Power.  The e-book has been online for a few days, but the paperback version is having issues- it keeps reverting to draft rather than publishing, and I can find no reason as to why. I was waiting for both to be ready before announcing, however, I don't know how long this issue will persist, or if it even can be fixed.

I gave up waiting to hear back from the cardinal.  He told me I do not need permission from the ordinary to publish.  A kind word would have been nice, but, on the other hand, I did take issue with some of the conclusions reached by someone who turned out to be the quasi official historian of the diocese, and I also reject the conclusion reached by a documentary about the famine released ten years ago that the archdiocese (and the same historian) were consulted in and had a part in making.  Oops.  Or, more likely, he is simply too busy.

So, at any rate, in time for the 175th anniversary of the archdiocese comes my take on the rascals, ambitious ladder climbers, ordinary folk, not ordinary folk, a candidate for sainthood and international humanitarian catastrophe that helped shape the early years of the archdiocese of Toronto.  It is an entertaining, informative, but above all brief history of the Archdiocese of Toronto.

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0741QPLB2

Update:

The paperback version is now online.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521892024

No comments: